George Hacks | Kogan Makerweek 2020
October 11 – October 17
What is Kogan Makerweek?
Introducing Kogan Makerweek 2020 (October 11th-17th), a virtual installment of our Annual Kogan Makerspace! Unlike our traditional in-person makerspace on the George Washington University campus, Makerweek will mirror the remote learning environment that many students have adapted to in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Even through a fully virtual event, we still hope provide an interactive platform for inspiring impact-driven innovation within our community.
As we quickly approach our biggest event of the fall semester, we’d like to ask prospective attendees to keep a few deadlines in mind to help us provide you with the best remote experience possible. Please take some time to read through our One-Stop Makershop (linked below) and complete the pre-event checklist on that document so we can get you squared away for an interactive week of activities, workshops and challenges that you can access from home. Students of all majors and educational levels are invited to join!
Last updated Saturday, October 3rd, 2020.
In short, why should YOU participate?
- Explore the role of technology in innovation through our hands-on DIY activities.
- Develop hackathon-relevant skills by attending one or more of our interactive workshops.
- Leverage your own creative thinking to tackle our innovation challenges.
- Receive free SWAG and chances to win one of our many prizes (3D pens, smartphone accessories, and an Allbirds gift card to name a few).
- Learn about how you can get involved with our Annual Medical Solutions Hackathon.