George Hacks Sets Goals for a New Academic Year
Recently, George Hacks has formulated three goals we hope to achieve in the next academic year of 2020-2021. Our objective with these goals is to improve our presence both on and off the GW campus, with both students and partners alike, while promoting an impact-driven, entrepreneurial mindset to healthcare innovation.
Our three goals are as follows:
- Integrate a hands-on technology experience for students
- Begin an initiative to collect healthcare projects year-round
- Increase engagement within GW and in the DC community
So how do we plan to achieve these goals?
- New to George Hacks this year is our Technical Team. Our Tech Team will have the capacity to improve the management of technical supplies at our events. For Kogan Makerspace, they will focus on developing activities that allow students of all majors and backgrounds to discover the technical workings of innovation. In addition, we will now be able to provide better support and resources for participants to include beginner-to-intermediate level technical skills to any project at our Annual Medical Solutions Hackathon.
- As a way to improve the hackathon experience, we have already created a publicly-available pitch collection form through which our network of professors and partners can submit ideas they would like to see students work on. From this initiative, we hope to be able to provide students with a larger and more diverse collection of healthcare problem statements to choose from that align with their interests and passions.
- Lastly, we hope to accomplish our final task of growing our presence within and outside GW by establishing new partnerships and collaborations with local-to-DC schools and nonprofits. Through this, we hope to leave a larger impact on society by empowering a new generation of healthcare innovation changemakers inclusive of all members within our regional community.
These are just three of the overarching goals we developed to guide our work for the upcoming year. However, we’d also love to hear from you! Comment below with suggestions on how George Hacks can further our impact in the community! We hope you all are just as excited as we are to see how these initiatives will improve your experience at our events!